Planning Your Trip to London

Required Documents

Please carefully review the required documents you must submit to the International Graduate Programs office before departing in London. These documents (Health Questionnaire, International Student ID & Assumption of Risk Form) are due by March.

You are also required to obtain your own passport. Passports are required for travel to England and are the responsibility of each student to obtain. No visa is required for travel to England.

While in London, you must also carry a letter that you are a Wake Forest University student on a study abroad program. The International Graduate Programs office will provide these letters for you before your departure.

Traveling to & from London

You are responsible for travel to and from London on schedule. You should begin to plan your flights and itinerary early (in February or March). Students in the summer program often coordinate their travel arrangements.There are many available flights between the United States and London.  Both London airports, Heathrow and Gatwick, are easily accessible by public transportation to central London and then on to Worrell House.  You should make flight arrangements when you are enrolled in the program.  The address of Worrell House may be found in the contact information for London.

Pre-Departure Tips & London Informational Meeting

Please visit the U.S. Department of State International Travel Information page on traveling to England.

Additionally, travel information and safety tips are available.

U.S. State Department Advisories for the United Kingdom can be obtained at